Our Fellowship encourages the formation of small groups, for the purpose of pursuing common interests and forming close ties with other members. Sometimes these groups form as a result of an Adult Religious Education class; other times individuals simply decide to become a group. Groups can include non-members of HUUF. Occasionally a group offers to host an Equinox or Solstice gathering, or to contribute another service of some kind to the Fellowship. Some are open to newcomers; others are closed because of their size, but are committed to helping other HUUF members form new similar groups. Some of the groups we now have are:
- Open Women's Group - a monthly drop-in open women's group that meets on the third Tuesday of each month from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. This is a support and discussion group. Confidentiality and heartfelt concern are cornerstones for our experience. During the second hour, we explore a different topic each month. All women are invited.
- Craft Studio - a monthly gathering for crafts and socialization that meets the first Wednesday of each month at 1:30 p.m. at different HUUF members' homes.
- Lunch Bunch - a monthly informal social gathering that meets on the third Wendesday of each month at 12:00 p.m. at local restaurants.
- Thursday Reflections - every Thursday evening from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. This is a quiet time to center, contemplate, share, meditate, sing, listen to music, ponder and pray in a UU way - and feed your spirit.
- Circle Dinners - Circle Suppers are usually pot-luck dinners held in someone’s home; however, there have been picnics, teas and brunches. The composition of the group varies each time, and no two parties have the same guest lists. The purpose is to allow people to get to know each other better in a relaxed, informal small group environment and to build a sense of community. All members and friends of the Fellowship are welcome to attend. It is expected most attendees will host at some time. If you don’t have the space for a dinner, you could have a picnic or pair up with someone who does have the space.
- Men's groups - On-going self-determined gathering of men.
For more information on any of these groups or other events happening at the Fellowship, contact the office at (707) 822-3793 or firstname.lastname@example.org.