Date(s) - 05/22/2021
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Living Into Our Values: Cooperative Decision Making to Change the World and Ourselves
“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.” ― Arundhati Roy
Living Our Values in the World
The work of becoming more equitable, inclusive, and diverse within our organizations is justice work.
Cooperation Humboldt has long shown itself to be a pioneer in the field of non-hierarchical, collaborative leadership, and empowering their members to take ever-increasing roles of authority, autonomy and shared responsibility when it comes to spreading the mission, message and service of their organization’s values out into the larger community.
“Living Into Our Values: Cooperative Decision Making to Change the World & Ourselves”
Takes Place on Saturday, May 22, 10-3 on HUUF grounds
We Will Focus On:
- Ways to effectively share power and responsibility within groups
- Inviting & Empowering leadership within our communities
- Moving from an outmoded, hierarchical power structure to one of collaboration and cooperation
- Creating pathways for direct engagement and involvement based upon the gifts and abilities present within your community
- Forms of dynamic and inclusive governance
- Successfully addressing and uprooting hidden forms of white supremacist and patriarchal values embedded in our systems
- Fostering an atmosphere where a multiplicity of voices and viewpoints can truly be heard
This Workshop will be of Particular Use and Interest to:
- Tired and overworked committee members, organizers or chairs who would like to develop better systems of shared responsibility and learn ways to attract new leadership to the work that you do
- Those who serve as members of a Board who would like to learn more equitable and inclusive forms of governance
- Organizations or groups who would like to learn to collaborate more inclusively and cooperatively
- Admission will be on a donation-based sliding scale. And no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
- If you or anyone you know is interested in learning new ways to embody the values of inclusivity and our systems of interdependence in our social systems and beyond, we invite you to this time of deep, engaging exploration and learning.
For more info, contact
Please, contact Amy Day firstname.lastname@example.org – WELL IN ADVANCE – to let us know the names and ages of your children!