Our Whole Lives (OWL) 2023
OWL is a comprehensive and holistic sexuality education program, which helps participants make informed and responsible decisions about their sexual health and behavior. It equips participants with accurate, age-appropriate information in six subject areas: human development, relationships, personal skills, sexual behavior, sexual health, and society and culture. OWL also helps participants to clarify their values, build interpersonal skills, and understand the spiritual, emotional, social, and political aspects of sexuality as well.
For the 7th to 9th grade curriculum, there is a mandatory parent/caregiver orientation before the start of the program. This will be held Tuesday, September 12th from 6-8 PM at HUUF. Classes will begin the following Tuesday, September 19th from 6-8 PM at HUUF and continue through March with holiday breaks and two Saturday retreats.
Click for details on the 7th-9th grade program syllabus here. It is imperative you read carefully all the dates and plan accordingly. Attendance will be key to processing and retaining the material.
Click for details on the 7-9th grade program bill of rights, assumptions, and values here. These will be distributed at the orientation for parents/caregivers and the start of the program for students.
Registration fees are:
- Contributor Tier – $300
- Sustainer Tier – $400
- Regenerator Tier – $500
Choose the highest Contribution Tier that feels comfortable for you as you help to fund our scholarship program and to keep this vital program going inside our community. Pay through our secure online giving site or pay via Venmo or mail a check to HUUF c/o Bridgette Garuti PO Box 506, Bayside 95524, with “OWL 2023” in the memo section.
Our Whole Lives offers:
- Accurate information presented in developmentally appropriate ways
- Effective and emotional learning
- Guiding values and principles
- Activities that help participants clarify values and improve decision-making skills
- A safe and supportive peer group
- Acceptance of diversity
- A social justice approach to inclusive sexuality education
- Parent/caregiver orientation that affirms parents and caregivers as their children’s primary sexuality educators
- Facilitator trainings, continuing education, and email forums to increase knowledge, skills, confidence
Click here to fill out the Registration Form. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to get involved.