Our Whole Lives (OWL) 2023
OWL is based on the philosophy of comprehensive sexuality education, which helps participants make informed and responsible decisions about their sexual health and behavior. It equips participants with accurate, age-appropriate information in six subject areas: human development, relationships, personal skills, sexual behavior, sexual health, and society and culture. OWL also helps participants to clarify their values, build interpersonal skills, and understand the spiritual, emotional, social, and political aspects of sexuality as well.
Our Whole Lives offers:
- Accurate information presented in developmentally appropriate ways
- Effective and emotional learning
- Guiding values and principles
- Activities that help participants clarify values and improve decision-making skills
- A safe and supportive peer group
- Acceptance of diversity
- A social justice approach to inclusive sexuality education
- Step-by-step instructions for program promotion, implementation, and facilitation
- Parent orientation that affirms parents as their children’s primary sexuality educators
- Facilitator trainings, continuing education, and email forums to increase knowledge, skills, confidence
OWL recognizes and respects the diversity of participants with respect to biological sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and disability status in addition to cultural and racial background. The activities and language used throughout the program have been carefully chosen to be as inclusive as possible of this human diversity. Please visit the national UUA OWL site to learn more about the curriculum philosophy and design.
Registration fees are:
- Contributor Tier – $300
- Sustainer Tier – $400
- Regenerator Tier – $500
As we restart our OWL program, we only have a handful of trained facilitators available for a few age brackets. Please fill out the form to provide the ages levels you are wanting to register for, and also to let us know if you are interested in becoming a trained facilitator yourself:
- Click here to fill out the Registration Form.
- Choose the highest Contribution Tier that feels comfortable for you as you help to fund our scholarship program and to keep this vital program going inside our community.
- Pay through our secure online giving site Donate
- Pay via Venmo – Write OWL 2023 and the names you are registering in the notes section. Refunds will be available if we do not have enough facilitators available for your requested age bracket. But we would love to accept your registration fee as a donation, too.