New to the Fellowship?
We are excited you are here! Everyone is welcome at Humboldt Unitarian Universalist Fellowship. We embrace many beliefs and welcome all races, genders, and sexual orientations. Our beloved community of faith, reason and affection welcomes all to grow in mind and spirit as we build a better world.
- Are you coming to worship? Look below for what to expect in our varied, thoughtful and thought-provoking Sunday morning services.
- Looking for a program for children and teens? Check out our outstanding Religious Education Program, welcoming nursery schoolers to high school age.
- Want to work for justice and the environment? Look into our vibrant Climate Action Campaign.
We are here to change lives with our love. Please explore our website to learn more about our location and feel free to contact us with your questions. We look forward to meeting you and helping you find what you need.
Come join us if you want to:
- find meaningful worship, free from doctrine
- commit to social justice
- grow intellectually and explore your own spiritual path
- help your kids ask the big questions
- raise your voice in song
- belong to a liberating faith community
We also invite you to check out our calendar for more details about events and activities that inspire our members to come back week after week.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN WORSHIP-– We gather every Sunday in worship to remind ourselves of what matters most in life and to live more deeply.
Elements of our typical Unitarian Universalist Sunday morning worship service include:
- Gathering piano music for settling in
- Words of welcome
- Lighting a flaming chalice, the symbol of our faith
- A multigenerational segment, such as a “story for all ages”
- Music, both instrumental and vocal and in a variety of styles
- A time for lifting up the joys and concerns of the congregation
- A meditation or prayer
- Readings—ancient or contemporary
- A sermon given by a professional minister, a guest speaker, or a member of the congregation
- An offering, collecting financial donations for the congregation or for justice work in the community.
- Stay after for coffee and conversation!
From time to time, worships incorporate holiday celebrations, multigenerational plays and pageants, longer musical performances, and coming-of-age ceremonies. We offer childcare and learning programs for children and youth during the Sunday service.