Endowment Fund Small Grants Program
2024Small Grants Proposal Application
The Humboldt Unitarian Universalist Fellowship has established an Endowment Fund to fund capital needs and special projects that further the mission of the Fellowship. The Endowment is governed by an Endowment Committee, which serves as the custodian of the assets of the fund and is guided by the Endowment Fund Document which provides for the protection of the principal of the Endowment and requires the Committee to exercise the utmost care in respecting the integrity of gifts to the Endowment.
The Endowment Fund Committee is pleased to announce that approximately $ 8,000 in funds will be available for grants from the Endowment Fund in 2024. Endowment Funds can be used for purposes that align with UU principles and reflect the mission purpose of our Fellowship.
Examples of requests that can be considered include:
- Buildings and grounds (improvements, not regular maintenance)
- Religious education enhancements
- Community service investments and actions
- Membership leadership development
- Conference attendance and workshops
There are also a limited amount of funds available from the Chaffee Fund, and the Moore Bequest for grants satisfying the fund requirements.
These grant funds will become available March 15, 2024. Grants can range in size from $200 to $2000. Access the application form HERE: Endowment Grant 2024 Application Form, follow the instructions below or contact members of the committee by email or phone. The deadline for submission of the applications will be February 28, 2024. For questions, you may call Cynthi Chason at 707-601-6136.
We thank the many members of the Fellowship who have been so very generous in providing donations to increase our Endowment Fund. We hope you will consider a gift to HUUF in your planned giving and estate planning endeavors. Your legacy and our Fellowship mission can live on through contributions to the HUUF Endowment Fund.
Yours in Fellowship, The Endowment Fund Committee: Cynthia Chason, Katherine Almy, and Hart Mendenhall, Colleen Broderick
*Note that requests should not be used for annual operating budget expenses.
Application Form: Endowment Grant 2024 Application Form
HUUF Endowment Fund, Small Grants:
Deadline for receipt of application: February 28, 2024
Funds will be available March 15, 2024
Deadline for completion of project: December 15, 2024
To Apply: Submit a letter that contains the following information:
- Name of HUUF member or committee submitting this small grants application.
- Reason for requesting funding: briefly state what you intend to accomplish with this small grant (statement of your objective).
- Amount of funding requested (from $200 – $2,000) and a simple, realistic, itemized budget for how this amount will be used.
- Why is this action or project needed? (Please explain in no more than one paragraph)
- Briefly describe your step-by-step plan, with anticipated timelines in a schedule, for accomplishing your stated objective by the project deadline of 12/15/24. (Please be concise – no more than one page)
- Please comment on how your request aligns with a) one or more of our UU principles and/or b) the Purpose of our Fellowship.
- What will be the result of this action or project that will show that it has been a success?
- Include contact information for the person who will be responsible for accounting for the funds received and for writing a brief one-page final report due by December 15, 2024.
Not completing this final report could disqualify the grantee from future grants. The final report should clearly state the results stated in step 7 and indicate the success of the project.
*Note: Unspent grant funds must be returned to the Endowment Fund at the end of the year and may not be rolled over into succeeding years.
For further information contact: Cynthia Chason 707-601-6136, firstname.lastname@example.org