“Art is a wound turned into light.” ~ Georges Braque
We are living inside mysterious & unprecedented times.
And so, it seems fitting that we should move into the Mystery, and see what forms of Expression & Beauty want to come forth at this time.
We want to invite you to participate, as we shelter safely in place, in a Community Garden Art Installation Project happening right now at the Fellowship.
Each person or family is invited to devise, build, write, or ???? an object to be temporarily installed beside the walk in the Memorial Garden. In order maintain the health & safety of our friends & members, we ask that only you and your family members touch these lovely objects you create, but all will be invited to come, on their own time to come peruse this work as it grows & evolves.
A filming of the Installation is also being planned, so you can enjoy this wonderful project from the safety of your home, once it’s complete.
Please, label your work in letters large enough to be seen without lifting it & it should be waterproofed, so as to stay intact out in the elements.
Your items can be as simple as a bouquet of flowers or an elaborate sculpture, a favorite saying or an altar. Just have it in good taste. It can challenge, provoke reflection or cause a chuckle. Just let your creativity guide you.
To participate, please:
Email Berti Welty that you wish to participate.
- Brainstorm different ideas and start making your installation in the safety of your own home.
- On April 5th or later, take your completed installation to the Fellowship and place it in a flagged site. Leave the flag there. NOTE: More flags will be added by Berti as required.
- Email Berti and let her know that you have placed your creation and give her the flag number, title of your installation and the names of persons or families creating same. NOTE: If you wish to remain anonymous Berti will keep your secret, and she has to know who belongs to which.
- Enjoy walking the grounds
- Leave up through Memorial Day
- Remove installation and all signs it was ever there by May 31.
Requirements for your installation:
- Each installation must be placed on a flagged and numbered site.
- Most installations should be able to fit on an empty space of grass within a 3 x 3 area.
- No planting of plants or putting anything permanent in the ground.
- You may provide your own stand for your creations.
- It should be able to withstand wind and rain.
- It needs to be able to be observed without being touched in any manner, including no ‘take an object’.
- All writing needs to be easily read and waterproof. [large and in zip locs].
NOTE: Installations needing more than an empty piece of grass of up to 3’ by 3’ need prior approval of both Valerie and Berti – this includes large pieces and attaching steamers to existing trees, etc.
Humboldt Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Bayside CA
Powered by Events Manager